The Afghan Association of New Zealand (Inc.) was founded in 2000. AANZ is the oldest and largest established Afghan organisation that represents the Afghan Diaspora of New Zealand.
AANZ promotes unity and mutual co-existence among the various Afghan communities. It’s our vision to help maintain Afghan cultural, national and religious values, while at the same time helping Afghan communities adapt, assimilate and become active members of the wider New Zealand society and economy.
The current AANZ Executive Committee was elected in April, 2015. Comprised predominantly of young Afghans — most of who studied in New Zealand — the long-term goal of this young and dynamic team is to establish an efficient, transparent and accountable system for community service delivery, and in the process, become a model community organisation in New Zealand.
We have an open-door policy. Any Afghan who believes he or she has something to offer to this shared organisation of ours, please contact us and become part of the Executive body.
We wish for AANZ to be reflective of your needs, your opinions, and your suggestions. Hence, we welcome any suggestions and contributions — or any criticism for that matter — from every single individual Afghan in New Zealand, and look forward to being of service to the community.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)